Wednesday, April 1, 2009

I'M GOING TO HONG KONG!!!!!!!

This afternoon my colleague told me about this promotion by Jetstar. She got the information from her sister, and the both of them are just so into travelling! They always know where to look for good deals and all. =p I wish I was as resourceful as them!

Anyhow she was saying how the Hong Kong flights are so cheap now and she showed me the rate. I was quite excited at the prospect of going to Hong Kong, since I can go there and see his niece! Of course not to mention re-visiting Hong Kong. =) So I called hubby who didn't seem too interested, but I think enthusiasm is really catching, so he ended up giving in to my whims. =p

So I went ahead to book and managed to get us both return air tickets to Hong Kong for S$462! =D (S$119 to Hong Kong and S$15 back to Singapore per person before taxes and all!) Such a steal in my opinion! I'm quite particular about comfort, so even a trip to KL, I'll want one of the better coaches, so ended up the last time we went to KL, we spent at least S$200 on coach for both of us. =x So to me, paying S$500 for flights to Hong Kong is nothing. Haha... It may not be business class, but the journey isn't that long either, so it's ok!

Furthermore we can save on accommodation since we will be bunking in at his eldest sis's place. I did give some thought about overseas trip, since we're supposed to save up for renovation for our new flat (which we are still looking for) and other expenses. But well, I figured if I spend less on cab fares, on my extravagant spending, etc, I should be able to save at least a hundred or two each month from now until we leave for our holiday. =)

So now tickets are booked, I'm so looking forward to the Hong Kong trip! I haven't been overseas for SO LONG. And not once with him! (Hey, Malaysia not counted, and the furthest we went is to Kuala Lumpur. -_-) I've already forgotten what it is like to sit in an aeroplane! LOL... And it's one of the longest REAL holiday that we'll be taking together, so to me, this is really a big deal and I'm just SO SO excited! =) He did promise to bring me to Hong Kong in 2010, but knowing him, he'll procrastinate and not do any planning towards the said trip unless I take things into my own hands. -_- He'll consider this and that, complain how we cannot afford it, blah blah blah. But well, I think I deserve this trip! =p

Anyway it's still such a long way to go before we actually embark on our trip! We're leaving on 29 Dec 09, coming back on 9 Jan 10. =D Super shiok right? ^_^ Luckily his sister stays in Hong Kong and we can save on accommodation, otherwise this trip to Hong Kong may not be possible. Especially not with such a long stay! The hotel fees would have killed both of us! Haha... We'll probably have to eat maggi mee for the next few months to save enough money! And probably not be able to visit some of the attractions there too. -_-

Alrighty! Start saving! Stop eating at restaurants so frequently! Stop shopping! Stop taking cabs! Stop snacking! Haha... Must save as much money as I can to spend on stuff there! I'm lemming for cutesy stuff to bring back! I won't be surprised if I come back with a huge teddy bear or soft toy. LOL. =x Though he'll probably be a wet blanket about it. -_- Ah well... =p

No comments: