Wednesday, October 31, 2007

If You Could Turn Back Time...

... would you want to change anything?

As a true Libra, I see things from different viewpoints. =p

If I really want to change, perhaps another family. Sad but true. Reason being if I were born in a different family, perhaps I'll not be the way I am now. I think your family really do play a part in shaping the way you are now. I see myself following my mum's footsteps, but all the bad points. -_- I don't like it. If I were say in a family like my cousins', perhaps, just perhaps, I'll be more ambitious, smarter at work, better in relationships, etc.

If I really want to change, perhaps to be more religious. Never wavering. I do believe there's a God, but many a times, I feel like He isn't watching over me as I'd like Him to. When I was at my most depressive moments, I can't feel Him. I lost the faith along the rocky path. But as my best friend would say, He just has better plans for me, but He's always there. Nah, I'm not preaching. I hate people who preach despite their better intentions. I'm not known for acknowledging people who try and preach me.

Still got others, but I think I'll just stop here. =p

But then again, if I can change things, what I have now will change too. Nothing is constant. And do I want to change things that I have now? Not very likely. Family relationship is better now than before. I have a loving husband who I have a love-hate relationship with. =p (Yah, sometimes he annoys the hell out of me and we fight like, quite constantly as poor Bui would know since she has to listen to me whine and complain and rant about him. Sorry! =x But still, he's still there for me. I'm just a difficult person to be with and so far only he can tahan me.) I enjoy what I'm doing now, really, though a better paycheck would be fabulous. =p I have friends whom I know I can keep for life.

If I really do change the past, I don't think I'll still find this job. I don't think I'll meet these kind of colleagues, friends and acquaintances. I don't think I'll meet those guys from my past. I don't think I'll meet him. I don't think I'll have the current life that I have. My life may be better, maybe worse. You'll never know.

It just makes me think that, one shouldn't focus on the past, thinking about the many 'if onlys', 'what ifs', 'what could haves', etc. Should might as well look forward and see how you can shape your future. What for wishing to turn back time and change things? It's not as if there's a guarantee that your life would be better now. It could just easily become worser.

I'm just so in a philosophical mood. -_- *yawns* I think I think too much sometimes. Lol.

4 comments:

art_foruandme said...

phia.. life's like this. we always want to change our current life. to have something that we never had it. tot that it will be good. but then again, we may still hate it. life is short. hate it, we make ourselves miserable. to love it, its not easy.. but hey.. that is where friends n our loved ones make it special. n u make mine special (or shd i say, unique.. whom i can share abt my pearly sh**). mucks! love u!

~~ Tam ~~ said...

wow good post..very philosophical, phia..and i think u shld blog more..

**Tam gives phia bear hug**

Tam

ah phia said...

bui: -_- i think i'm supposed to gush here about how 'honoured' i am to get the latest updates and inside info about your s**t. but yup, i lub chu too! ^_^ MMUACKS!

tam: hahahaha, u all will just be bored lah. my posts either very negative and dark, or draggy and philosophical, or boring and senseless ramblings. =p not the kind of blog i'd read. lol! *gives u big teddy bear hug*

annanana said...

u dun want me? ='(