Monday, September 10, 2007

If You Love Someone...

Sounds familiar? Well, it's actually "If you love someone, let him/her go." And of course, the rest of it goes something like, "If it he/she never returns, then it wasn't meant to be." Or something like that.

Just finished reading Jodi Picoult's book 'Mercy'. Nice. =) Inside, there was this phrase that struck out: "If you love someone, you'll take him/her back." The story behind this was about this husband who had an affair.

But how true is it? You take him back, but will things be able to go back to normal? Will you be able to trust him again? Won't you be tormented by his past misdeed(s)? Will you be able to forget what he had done?

Then what?

Or is it better to just let go?

Our solemnizer had a talk with us before the ROM, and had talked about this actually. He told us of this story where the wife had came crying to him when she found out about his affair. The husband, remorseful, had also came to him at a separate timing. The solemnizer had a chat with the wife, and then with the husband, and she decided to forgive him and they started life anew in another country.

Touching story no doubt, but how many people can do that?

Your heart may forgive, but your mind never forgets.

If he does have an affair one day, I know I'll never forget it. Will I forgive him? Maybe, but certainly it will take a long time. Will I take him back? I honestly don't know.

All I do know, is that I won't love him any lesser for that. But I will still won't be able to forget it, I will still be affected by the voices in my head, reminding me of it, taunting me about it. And then will I choose to let go because I can't live with that?

*sighs*

See what I mean by my previous post on "thinking too much"?

Probably afraid of karma I suppose. What goes around, comes around.

No comments: